Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When it comes to your health, there are no silly questions. At Bond Family & Implant Dentistry, we welcome each one of your questions and concerns so that we can address them promptly and eliminate any confusion. Our goal is to be your partner in your dental health and give you all the tools you need to make good decisions for yourself and your family.
We’ve put together a selection of some of our most frequently asked questions about the services, procedures, and therapies that we provide. Please feel free to browse through these questions and see if your question is answered here. To separate the questions by service, simply click on the service name in the box to the left.
If your question isn’t answered here or if you would like more information about a service or our Longmont, CO dental practice, feel free to give us a call at 303-772-8020 or email us using the convenient form on the contact page.
Thank you for choosing Bond Family & Implant Dentistry!
- Does your practice see children?
- When should my child come in for their first appointment?
- What happens at a preventive care appointment?
- How often should I brush and floss my teeth?
- I brush twice daily just like you've told me to. Why do I still need cleanings?
- What is a dental bridge?
- Do dental bridges require special care?
- Will people be able to tell that I have a bridge?
- What's the difference between a bridge and partial dentures?
- How long will it take to get my new bridge?
- Does it hurt to get a crown?
- What is the process to place a crown?
- Will people notice my crown?
- I have an older crown that I am no longer happy with. Can you help?
- Why do I need a crown?
- What are the advantages of implants?
- Should I get an implant or a bridge?
- Why do dental implants cost more?
- Do you see emergencies?
- What are the advantages of digital x-rays?
- Why do I need a tooth extraction?
- Will my insurance pay for my implant?
- Will you see me for an emergency even though I am not your patient?
- Why do I need x-rays?
- Will my tooth extraction hurt?
- How should I care for my implant?
- Am I having a dental emergency?
- Laser dentistry sounds scary. What is it?
- What is bone grafting?
- What happens at an emergency appointment?
- Why do you use advanced technology?
- Why do I have to take antibiotics if you're just going to extract the tooth anyway?
- How soon can you see me?
- Is your digital system secure?
- How do I care for my mouth following an extraction?